Community Fund Management Foundation dba Community Fund Ohio: Office Hours and Procedures
Updated: September 17, 2020
Please do not send packages or envelopes to Community Fund that require a signature. While our mailbox is emptied and sorted every business day (except holidays), we are not available to sign delivery receipts. We apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to reopen our lobby in 2021.
Community Fund has been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on Ohio. We want to operate as close to normal as possible for our clients and also support our staff.
The following initiatives are expected to be in place indefinitely:
- Community Fund’s Administrative Office is closed to all visitors
- Associate Directors and staff must conduct meetings by phone and not in person
- Most employees are working from home
- Employees are permitted to work alternative hours, e.g., evenings and weekends
- All mail and deliveries must be placed in the black mailbox located outside our office suite in the building hallway
- The mailbox is available from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm on Monday through Friday, except for holidays and office closures. The mailbox is not accessible outside of these hours, on weekends, or when our office is closed.
- The mailbox is emptied and sorted at least once per business day.
- All staff working in the office must engage in social distancing and wear masks
- All voicemails shall be returned within 48 business hours
What you can do:
- Fax or mail items instead of visiting our office
- Allow delivery services to deliver items to our mailbox located outside our office suite without a signature (most delivery services no longer require signatures during this pandemic)
- If a time-sensitive item must be sent, communicate with a Community Fund employee before sending to ensure our building will be open
- Expect some delays
- Please wait 48 hours after leaving a voicemail or sending an email to contact our office if you do not receive a response
- Please do not leave multiple messages for multiple employees
Information Specific to New Joinder Applications and Deposits
- New Joinder Applications and any deposits must be received by Community Fund at least five (5) business days prior to the last business day of the month to be accepted for that month (e.g., New Joinder Applications and any deposits to be processed for August 2020 should be received by August 25th to ensure processing for August)
- You may mail a new Joinder Application and deposit at any time, but Community Fund cannot guarantee it will be reviewed for that month if not received according to the above deadline
- Questions about setting up a new trust or making a deposit to a new or existing trust can be emailed to [email protected] (please don’t email completed Joinder Agreements or anything with confidential data like SSNs) or you can call 216/736-4540 and leave a voicemail in the general mailbox or dial our Trust Development Coordinators at extensions 102 or 112.
- If a time-sensitive item must be sent, please communicate with one of our Trust Development Coordinators via telephone or email before sending
Information Specific to Distributions
- Questions about distributions, beneficiary resource records, or the status of a distribution must be submitted via telephone (you can call 216/736-4540 and leave a voicemail in the general mailbox or dial extensions 103, 105, or 108), mail, or fax (216/867-9783)
- Community Fund is not able to accept distribution requests or distribution related questions via email due to confidentiality, privacy, and HIPAA concerns
- Consider holding any non-urgent distribution requests or questions to allow our staff to prioritize client need
Although we are restricting outside access to our office and some staff may be working alternative hours, we will continue to operate so long as we can adhere to the guidelines issued by the State of Ohio. Since health and safety information is being updated regularly, our policies may change as well. We recommend you call our office at 216/736-4540 and leave a message, email [email protected], or visit this site if you have any general questions.
We care about the security of your personal information. Please don’t email private data like Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers, or medical information to us.
Please be patient while we encourage our dedicated staff to stay home or take time off if they feel ill or if they need to care for parents, children, or other loved ones.
We appreciate your patience during this unusual time and encourage you to visit reputable sources of information, such as the CDC or the Ohio Department of Health if you have any questions about COVID-19. Please take care of yourself, your loved ones, and your neighbors.
Amanda M. Buzo, Esq.