Community Fund Management Foundation dba Community Fund Ohio: Response to COVID-19 Concerns
Updated: May 16, 2020
Community Fund has been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on Ohio. We want to operate as close to normal as possible for our clients and also support our staff.
The following initiatives are expected to be in place until at least Monday, June 1, 2020:
- Community Fund’s Administrative Office is closed to all visitors
- Associate Directors and staff must conduct meetings by phone and not in person
- Most employees are working from home
- Employees are permitted to work alternative hours, e.g., evenings and weekends
- All mail and deliveries must be placed in the mailbox located outside our office suite in the building hallway (Note: The mailbox is not accessible if the building doors are locked)
- All staff working in the office must engage in social distancing and wear masks
- All voicemails shall be returned within 48 business hours
What you can do:
- Fax or mail items instead of visiting our office
- Allow delivery services to deliver items to our mailbox located outside our office suite without a signature (most delivery services no longer require signatures during this pandemic)
- If a time-sensitive item must be sent, communicate with a Community Fund employee before sending to ensure our building will be open
- Expect some delays
- Please wait 48 hours after leaving a voicemail or sending an email to contact our office if you do not receive a response
- Please do not leave multiple messages for multiple employees
Information Specific to New Joinder Applications and Deposits
- New Joinder Applications and any deposits must be received by Community Fund at least five (5) business days prior to the last business day of the month to be accepted for that month (e.g., New Joinder Applications and any deposits to be processed for April must be received by Community Fund no later than April 23rd or by May 25th to be processed for May)
- You may mail a new Joinder Application and deposit at any time, but Community cannot guarantee it will be reviewed for that month if not received according to the above deadline
- Questions about setting up a new trust or making a deposit to a new or existing trust can be emailed to [email protected] (please don’t email completed Joinder Agreements or anything with confidential data like SSNs)
- If a time-sensitive item must be sent, communicate with one of our Trust Development Coordinators via telephone or email before sending
Information Specific to Distributions
- Questions about distributions, beneficiary resource records, or the status of a distribution must be submitted via telephone (you can leave a voicemail in the general mailbox), mail, or fax (216/867-9783)
- Community Fund is not able to accept distribution requests or distribution related questions via email due to confidentiality, privacy, and HIPAA concerns
- Consider holding any non-urgent distribution requests or questions until after June 1st to allow our staff to prioritize client need
Emergency Grant for Nonprofits
- Community Fund Ohio is proud to offer an emergency grant for Ohio nonprofits impacted by COVID-19. Please visit our Emergency Grants for Nonprofits Impacted by Covid-19 page for more details and the application form.
- Community Fund Ohio will continue to accept grant applications from Ohio residents and nonprofits (separate from the Emergency Grant) per our typical procedure. Please visit our Grants page for more information and the application form.
Although we are restricting outside access to our office and some staff may be working alternative hours, we will continue to operate so long as we can adhere to the guidelines issued by the State of Ohio. Since health and safety information is being updated regularly, our policies will change as well. We recommend you call our office at (216) 736-4540 and leave a message, email [email protected], or visit this site if you have any general questions. We care about the security of your personal information. Please don’t email private data to us like Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers, or medical information.
Please be patient while we encourage our dedicated staff to stay home or take time off if they feel ill or if they need to care for parents, children, or other loved ones.
We appreciate your patience during this unusual time and encourage you to visit reputable sources of information, such as the CDC or the Ohio Department of Health, if you have any questions about COVID-19. Please take care of yourself, your loved ones, and your neighbors.
Amanda M. Buzo, Esq.